We’re only being days removed from another fantastic VMworld conference in Barcelona, and my email inbox / Slack channels / Yammer messages are starting to get down to a normal-ish level, so now’s a great opportunity to put some words down reflecting on the past week.
It was exciting to see so many old friends, colleagues, customers and partners at the show. With over 12,000 attendees this year I felt it was possibly one of the best yet in terms of VMware’s stated direction & methodology; Multi-Cloud, Containers & IoT (how cool did “vSphere on ARM” look!?).
Amazingly, the tech team behind the VMworld scenes have already posted all of the breakout session content online for you to peruse and watch back. They are available at this link.
During the week, I took part in two sessions which you may want to catch again (click the links to watch them!).
- A dedicated Storage breakout session discussing HPE’s storage solution offerings for VMware – with demos on Cross Stack VM Analytics & Cloud Volumes – the latter of which didn’t go quite to plan!
- A VMware hosted panel session on VMware Virtual Volumes (aka VVols) – alongside well known industry VVol champions Cody Hosterman, Andy Banta and Maneesh Jain.
At the HPE booth this year we had a theme based on the infamous “IT Monster” social media campaign. If you haven’t seen the adverts, it’s very funny – watch here:
Here’s a few of shots from the action:
Our sections for our show were broken out into different areas:
- Composable Infrastructure with HPE Synergy & VMware Cloud Foundation
- The industry’s leading integration for provisioning, managing and troubleshooting VM host/network/storage environments at scale using HPE NimbleStorage, 3PAR and Infosight Cross-Stack Analytics
- Multi-Cloud availability with HPE Cloud Volumes, connected to Amazon AWS & Microsoft Azure
- HyperConverged platforms with best-in-class data protection & site recovery using HPE SimpliVity
Short and sweet – hopefully you enjoyed VMworld as much as I did, and came away with lots of ideas for the next 12 months. If you watch my breakout sessions and have any questions or comments, please feel free to add comments here.